Every year, third-level students from around Ireland travel overseas with Habitat for Humanity to help families to build strength, stability and self-reliance through shelter. They experience firsthand the impact of poverty housing and help make a lasting difference to entire communities. We encourage volunteers to become a voice for safe shelter when they return home; inspiring others to help us reach many more families in need.
By taking part, students will have the opportunity to:
▶ Make a visible impact
▶ Work as part of a team and develop new skills
▶ Experience a different culture and learn about global development issues
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology: Malawi 2010, Zambia 2011 & 2012, India 2013, Malawi 2017
- Open Student Build: Zambia 2016 & 2017
- NUI Galway: Zambia 2012, Ghana 2007, Zambia 2008, Honduras 2009, Bangladesh 2010, Zambia 2015, Zambia 2016, Zambia 2017
- University College Dublin: Zambia 2005, Philippines 2007, Ghana 2010, Zambia 2017 (Engineering Society)
- Law Society of Ireland: Zambia 2016
- Galway/Mayo IT: Ethiopia 2010, Zambia 2017
If you would like to build a team with your peers, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 531 0033!
Alternatively, join third-level students from around Ireland on Habitat’s Open Student Build!