Wesley College 2013
In June, up to 250 volunteers from Wesley College, Dublin spent a week working with Habitat for Humanity in Beius, Romania to help build 10 homes alongside the future homeowner families.
The initiative celebrated 10 years of volunteers from Wesley College travelling to Beius with Habitat for Humanity. Over the decade, almost 500 volunteers have participated on these trips, raised more than €700,000 and helped physically build 29 houses.
The community has been named “Wesley Way” which is a permanent reminder of the strong connection between the community in Beius and the school community in Ballinteer.
- Learn more about the families who worked alongside the volunteers.
- Check out this daily blog by the volunteers.
- Learn more about previous Wesley trips with Habitat over the last decade.
- Read the press release about the trip.
- Find out what the trip organisers had to say about the experience before departing.
- Visit the Wesley Way mycharity page to make a donation.
- Visit our overseas volunteering page to learn more about our volunteer opportunities.