WordPress Website Developer/Designer (pro bono)
Job Title: WordPress Website Developer/Designer (pro bono)
Location: Unit F,The Liffey Trust, 117-126 Upper Sheriff St, Dublin 1.
Closing Date: 27th January 2017
Habitat for Humanity Ireland has recently carried out a review of its website. We now require a WordPress Developer/Designer (pro bono) to manage and implement a website theme upgrade. This is an exciting opportunity for a website developer to use his/her skills to give something back, and to support the work of an international NGO. This volunteer will contribute significantly to the impact of Habitat for Humanity Ireland’s communications programme.
Habitat for Humanity Ireland is a non-profit housing organisation that works in partnership with families in need of shelter to construct, renovate or refurbish homes in 70 countries around the world – providing a ‘hand-up’, not a hand-out. Its mission is to eliminate poverty housing from the world, and to make adequate, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action.
- Main Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Upgrading Habitat for Humanity Ireland’s current WordPress theme.
- Evaluating wireframe and other deliverables during the design and user experience phase for potential development issues.
- Testing for compatibility with different internet browsers.
- Installing and testing WordPress plugins.
- Testing that the website is mobile-friendly.
- Necessary skills and experience:
- Highly experienced in using WordPress CMS and upgrading WordPress themes.
- Strong HTML & CSS skills.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Graphic editing skills as necessary; format, compress, resize images, etc.
- Accuracy in complying with brand guidelines and website brief.
- Meticulous attention to detail (e.g. meta tag description, alt tags etc.).
- A portfolio of successful website projects.
- Knowledge of responsive web development.
- Self-motivated, energetic and detail orientated.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Work with Habitat for Humanity team when necessary.
This is a volunteer role with flexible working hours.
- How to Apply
Application is by CV and cover letter (including examples of web projects) to Anna Smith at anna(at)habitatireland(dot)ie. For more information on Habitat for Humanity Ireland see www.habitatireland.ie.
Closing date: 27th January 2017. Candidates will be interviewed as they are shortlisted.