ReStore Newtownards Retail Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: ReStore Manager
LOCATION: ReStore Newtownards
HOURS: 37.5 hrs per week
SALARY BAND: £ 18,887-£19,264 (NJC Scale 2 (3-4))
The first Habitat ReStores in Europe are delivering real impacts for local people and the wider community in Lisburn, Ballymena, Newry, Newtownards & Drogheda. ReStore, the charity’s social enterprise, builds sustainable community and directly tackles poverty here in Ireland. ReStore enables local people to improve their homes for less, provides opportunities for volunteers from different abilities and backgrounds, and diverts tons of reusable waste from landfill.
Working as part of the staff team, the ReStore Assistant will assist with day-to-day operations of ReStore. This includes providing excellent customer care, donor recognition and support/supervision for the volunteer team.
· Assist the Manager and Supervisor with ReStore administration and accounting procedures, including till operations, banking and other admin duties as required
· Provide excellent customer service
· Sort and select appropriate items for sale from donated goods and maintain correct level, quality and rotation of stock in accordance with the Store Handbook
· Ensure a high standard of presentation, display, merchandising and pricing of stock
· Ensure that the shop, warehouse and other facilities are clean, tidy and safe at all times
· Co-ordinate the collection of donations and ensure that the importance of donor contributions is understood and acknowledged
· Work as part of the staff team to support and supervise volunteers; reflecting their strategic importance for Habitat and the impact of their support.
· Ensure that Habitat for Humanity’s operational policies and procedures are implemented
Health and Safety
· Complete relevant Health and Safety checklists as instructed by the ReStore Manager
· Comply with all current legislation regarding acceptance of donations and sale of goods
· To undertake training as agreed
· To undertake any other duties, appropriate to the post, which may from time to time be requested by the Restore Manager
The personal specification shows essential skills, abilities, knowledge and/or qualifications required to be able to carry out the duties of this post. Therefore, please address, in completing the application form each criterion listed in the specification, drawing upon all of your experience, whether at work or on a voluntary basis.
1. Minimum of one year’s retail experience (either paid or voluntary)
2. Demonstrable supervisory skills
3. Excellent organisational and communication skills
4. Able to assist with merchandising
5. Positive and flexible approach
6. Must be prepared to travel for training purposes and meetings when required
7. IT Skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
8. Ability to safely move stock items, potentially up to 25kg.
9. Committed to the vision and mission of Habitat for Humanity and a working style that reflects these.
1. Experience of working with volunteers in a retail environment