ReStore Belfast Donation Collection Driver/Volunteer Supervisor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Store Manager
SALARY BAND: £ 22,571-£24,920 (NJC Scale 12-17)
CONTRACT: 37 ½ hours per week
Habitat for Humanity Ireland is delighted to be opening Habitat ReStore in Belfast.
The first Habitat ReStores in Europe are delivering real impacts for local people and the wider community in Lisburn, Ballymena, Newry, Newtownards & Drogheda. ReStore, the charity’s social enterprise, builds sustainable community and directly tackles poverty here in Ireland. ReStore enables local people to improve their homes for less, provides learning opportunities for volunteers from different abilities and backgrounds, and diverts tons of reusable waste from landfill.
Working with volunteers the Donation Collection Driver will be responsible for the collection of donated materials, safely packing in the ReStore truck, returning to ReStore and unpacking. They will also deputise for the ReStore Manager to ensure excellent customer service in ReStore.
· Load and unload all donated materials
· Screen for product usability.
· Communicating with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations.
· Supervising and supporting volunteers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds; helping to ensure their experience is meaningful.
· Maintain an effective working relationship with Habitat staff, volunteers and ReStore customers/donors.
· Process cash, credit card and cheque transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
· Answer customer queries and provide relevant information
· Maintain a clean, safe and presentable store at all times, including display of sale items and storage of donated stock.
Health and Safety
· Complete relevant Health and Safety checklists
· Comply with all current legislation regarding acceptance of donations and sale of goods
· To undertake training as agreed
· To undertake any other duties, appropriate to the post, which may from time to time be required
The personal specification shows essential skills, abilities, knowledge and/or qualifications required to be able to carry out the duties of this post. Therefore, please address, in completing the application form each criterion listed in the specification, drawing upon all of your experience, whether at work or on a voluntary basis.
1. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals, and the ability to verbally convey Habitat for Humanity’s work with confidence and credibility.
2. Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
3. Sound geographical knowledge of Northern Ireland
4. Ability to safely move stock items, potentially up to 25kg.
5. Drivers Licence with C1 classification.
6. Knowledge of Digital Tachographs, Drivers hours, Manual Handling, Health and Safety
7. Committed to the vision and mission of Habitat for Humanity and a working style that reflects these.
1. CPC Card