ReStore Belfast Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive
SALARY BAND: £31,895 – £34,373 (NJC Scale PO1 (27-30))
CONTRACT: 37 ½ hours per week, Permanent contract
Habitat for Humanity Ireland is delighted to be opening Habitat ReStore in Belfast.
The first Habitat ReStores in Europe are delivering real impacts for local people and the wider community in Lisburn, Ballymena, Newry, Newtownards & Drogheda. ReStore, the charity’s social enterprise, builds sustainable community and directly tackles poverty here in Ireland. ReStore enables local people to improve their homes for less, provides learning opportunities for volunteers from different abilities and backgrounds, and diverts tons of reusable waste from landfill.
The Store Manager will be responsible for the operation of ReStore Belfast, working hands on, making decisions and getting the job done.
1. Work as part of the Habitat for Humanity for Humanity Team to reach strategic targets, ensuring that all activity complies with the charity’s ethos, policies and procedures and all legislation governing charity activity.
2. Drive donations, sales and nett contribution of the Habitat ReStore.
3. Manage stock levels and make key decisions about stock control.
4. Use computer systems to record sales figures; for data analysis and forward planning.
5. Ensure standards for quality, customer service, security and health and safety are met, resolving any issues as they arise.
6. Ensure all legal, governmental and licensing requirements are met.
7. Understand and be able to communicate Habitat for Humanity and Habitat ReStore mission in all Habitat ReStore operations.
Staff and Volunteer Management
1. Ensure Habitat ReStore is adequately staffed and operated by employees/volunteers with the knowledge, skills and abilities to accomplish assigned tasks.
2. Participate in the recruitment and training of Habitat ReStore employees and volunteers in accordance with relevant personnel and safety policies.
3. Manage and motivate teams of volunteers to ensure a high level of customer service and donor relations, in accordance with the relevant safety and personnel policies.
4. Ensure all employees/volunteers understand and can effectively communicate Habitat for Humanity and the Habitat ReStore mission to the public.
Public Relations, Marketing and Advertising
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of marketing and advertising strategies to increase donations, sales and volunteer participation.
2. Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including individuals, businesses, community and church groups to increase quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
Finance and administration
1. Implement and monitor systems for daily transactions, deposits, donations and pickups.
2. Maintain accurate accounting records of revenues, expenses and stock movement.
3. Maintain accurate records of employee/volunteer activity.
4. Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis, ensuring that all expenditures are within acceptable limits.
The personal specification shows essential skills, abilities, knowledge and/or qualifications required to be able to carry out the duties of this post. Therefore, please address, in completing the application form each criterion listed in the specification, drawing upon all of your experience, whether at work or a voluntary basis.
1. Minimum of 3 years’ experience of responsible leadership, preferable in a retail environment; directing successful teams, with accountability for meeting objectives.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, internally and externally, with groups and individuals, and the ability to verbally convey Habitat for Humanity’s work with confidence and credibility.
3. Experience of networking, nurturing and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
4. Strong computer skills and experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams and Outlook.
5. Experience of effective use of social media
6. Ability to safely move stock items, potentially up to 25kg.
7. Valid driving licence and access to a car to undertake duties associated with this role.
8. Committed to the vision and mission of Habitat for Humanity and a working style that reflects these.
1. Experience of retail accounting software and/or systems.
2. Experience of working within social enterprise and/or home improvement retail sector.
3. Experience of working with volunteers.
4. Practical experience in effective use of CRM database e.g. Salesforce
5. Broad understanding and knowledge of community relations, community regeneration and global development