Become a Team Leader
Habitat for Humanity are recruiting Team Leaders!
Some 1.6 billion people in our world live in inadequate housing. In homes made of scrap materials; a leaking plastic sheet tent; a rundown apartment block with no toilet or access to clean water. Every minute, 20 people die from conditions related to poverty housing.
You can help change this. Volunteer overseas as a Team Leader and help families build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Have you got what it takes to become a Team Leader?
- Habitat Ireland is looking for individuals to lead teams on Global Village builds. You will work alongside Habitat staff to ensure a successful Global Village experience. You and your team will build safe and decent homes with local families and community members.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have previous experience in a Developing Country
- Can commit in time and effort to team training and fundraising
- Are able to motivate and encourage team members
- Are aged 23+ (applicants under 23 may act as co-team leaders)
- Can demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Are willing to learn and work with Habitat for Humanity to make the trip successful and memorable
- Habitat for Humanity work in 70 countries around the world – Habitat Ireland works very closely with our partners in Zambia and Romania. Teams have also travelled from Ireland to Malawi, South Africa, India, Nepal, Philippines, Bangladesh, El Salvador, Honduras, and other destinations.
- Habitat for Humanity host trips all year round, making it easier for you to find one that suits!
- Make a real difference in the fight against poverty housing. In helping to build a house, you and your team can see a tangible result of your fundraising, plus you meet and work alongside the future Habitat homeowners
- Receive training in leadership skills
- Receive training in goal-setting, planning and budgeting during the fundraising stage
- Work with Habitat for Humanity Ireland and host country on in-country logistics
- Learn about Risk Management, Health & Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Learn about a new culture and the global issues relating to poverty housing
- Represent an International Organisation
Read about Clare’s experience as Team Leader on Habitat’s Summer Youth Build here.
Read about Anna’s experience as Team Leader on Habitat’s Easter Youth Build here.
Contact the office if you would like to lead your own team of family/friends
Are you ready to help make a difference by volunteering overseas?
Apply now to become a Team Leader on Habitat for Humanity’s Global Village Programme!
***All Team Leaders will be Garda vetted prior to being accepted onto the team.