Tell your story
All of our volunteers tell us how they have wonderful experiences working with us onsite in Dublin or on one of our projects overseas. We need your help to spread the word about our work so more people can become aware of issues relating to inadequate housing in Ireland and overseas.
Here are a few ideas – have you other suggestions?
- Tell your friends, family and work colleagues – start the conversation by showing them your photographs or sharing the stories of some of our homeowners
- Use social media – make sure to share with us on Facebook and Twitter
- Make a film – create a short video with your photographs or video footage from your trip and share with us on YouTube or Vimeo
- Use other internet sources – start a blog or post your experience on intranet sites at work or college
- Contact the local newspapers about your experience (before and after your trip)
You can introduce Habitat into different spheres of your life:
- Suggest that a local school joins our programme
- Encourage your workplace to become involved in our Learning and Development Programme
Why not write to your local newspaper and share your experience of Habitat for Humanity? If you’re planning a fundraiser you can also use local media to gain even more exposure for your event!
Your local TDs and politicians want to hear from YOU! Let them know that the issue of poverty housing is one that is important to members of their community. Write a letter to a politician and tell them why they should keep the issues that Habitat campaign for at the forefront of their decision and policy making.
Email us with your stories and photographs from your Habitat volunteering experience, and we might feature you on our website!
Contact details for local, regional and national Irish newspapers can be found here.
Information on your local TDs can be found here.